We, Swan Films, are making a television series for Channel 4 called “Grayson’s Art Club” (the “Series”).
In this Series for Channel 4, one of Britain’s leading artists – Grayson Perry – will help bring the nation together through art. Every week, he will host the show from his own studio – taking the country with him as he creates his own new art works. Grayson will talk to other famous artists and creatives about how they are spending their time and host masterclasses to help teach us all how to create art. He’ll also be asking members of the public to send him their own fantastic artworks which they have been making at home, talking to them via video calls and choosing artworks he loves in each episode. And at the end, Grayson hopes to display the art created in a public exhibition (the “Exhibition”).
Grayson Perry will send out messages via social media asking for members of the public to participate in the Series by uploading a 2-minute video message of themselves (the “Video”) filmed on their mobile phone together with three photos of their artwork (the “Artwork”). We will then select the Artworks and Videos he wants to consider for inclusion in the Series. If your Video or Artwork is selected one of the producers may then call you to discuss potentially appearing in the Series as a Contributor via video call on your device (the “Contributor”). If you are selected to be included they will send you a separate contract for your appearance.
If you want to participate here are some important things you need to know and agree to:
- If you are under 18 you will need a parent/guardian to submit your artwork and provide their phone number so we can speak to them in person.
- We will accept any type of art including paintings, sculptures, drawings and collages, from amateurs and professionals alike.
- Your video must be a maximum of two minutes long.
- You can submit a maximum of one submission per person per theme.
- Only artwork submitted through the ‘Submit your Art’ page on www.graysonsartclub.com will be accepted for consideration.
- You must be resident in the UK or Éire.
- We will decide with Grayson which Videos and which Artworks to use in the Series. We can’t promise that your Video or Artwork will be used or that you will appear as a Contributor, even if you end up being filmed speaking on your device to Grayson as not every Contributor will be included in the final edit of the Series.
- Accordingly, by submitting your Artwork and Video you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we (and third parties authorised by us):
- You must comply with the following:
- You acknowledge and agree that neither we nor any of our assignees or licensees shall have any liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of the use of your Video or Artwork in accordance with these terms to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- You agree that our rights under these terms may be freely licensed and/or assigned by us.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English and Welsh law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Our full details are as follows: Swan Films Ltd. Registered office is 12 Orleston Mews, London, N7 8LL.