Terms and Conditions
We, Swan Films, are making a television series for Channel 4 called “Grayson’s Art Club” (the “Series”).
In this Series for Channel 4, Grayson and Philippa Perry will help bring the nation together through art. Every week, they will host the show from Grayson’s studio, and invite a famous amateur artist to spend time with them creating new works of art. They’ll also meet other creatives, and ordinary people who are using art to help change their lives. Grayson will be asking members of the public to send him their own artworks which they have been making at home, talking to them via video calls and choosing artworks he loves in each episode. And at the end, we hope to display the art created in a public exhibition (the “Exhibition”).
Grayson Perry will send out messages via social media asking for members of the public to participate in the Series by uploading a 90 second video message of themselves (the “Video”) filmed on their mobile phone together with three photos of their artwork (the “Artwork”). We will then select the Artworks and Videos he wants to consider for inclusion in the Series. If your Video or Artwork is selected one of the producers may then call you to discuss potentially appearing in the Series as a Contributor via video call on your device (the “Contributor”). If you are selected to be included they will send you a separate contract for your appearance.
If you want to participate here are some important things you need to know and agree to:
- If you are under 18 you will need a parent/guardian to submit your artwork and provide their phone number so we can speak to them in person.
- We will accept any type of art including paintings, sculptures, drawings and collages, from amateurs and professionals alike.
- Your video must be a maximum of 90 seconds long.
- You can submit a maximum of one submission per person per theme.
- Only artwork submitted through the ‘Submit your Art’ page on www.graysonsartclub.com will be accepted for consideration.
- You must be a resident of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
- We will decide with Grayson which Videos and which Artworks to use in the Series. We can’t promise that your Video or Artwork will be used or that you will appear as a Contributor, even if you end up being filmed speaking on your device to Grayson as not every Contributor will be included in the final edit of the Series.
- Accordingly, by submitting your Artwork and Video you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we (and third parties authorised by us):
- may use your Artwork and/or Video in the Series and any further Series of Grayson’s Art Club or special programmes related to Grayson’s Art Club, in any way we see fit in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity without further liability or acknowledgement to you (and you hereby give us all necessary consents and waivers, (including waivers of moral rights) for such purposes);
- shall be entitled to edit, crop, adapt and create derivative works from your Artwork and Videos in any way in our sole discretion in accordance with Ofcom guidelines;
- may identify you by name, your social media name or photo and use these and the Video and Artwork that you submitted in publicity, marketing and advertising for the Series and other connected material as we so elect;
- shall be entitled to display the Artwork or Video in the Exhibition on the basis of a temporary loan;
- shall be entitled to use an image of the Artwork or Video or part of the Artwork or Video to promote and publicise the Exhibition, and in an Exhibition Catalogue;
- for clarity, the copyright of the Artwork and Video remains with you but we have the right to use them in the Series or related programmes in perpetuity throughout the world; and
- for clarity, Channel 4 retains editorial control of the series at all times.
- You must comply with the following:
- Your Artwork and/or Video must be in accordance with the Series’ instructions and sent to us within the timeframe stated;
- You confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief you own and control all the rights in and to the Artwork or Video;
- You must not include any third party material in your Artwork or Video unless you have obtained permission from the rights holder for it to be included and for it to be used as set out in these terms;
- You must not include anything defamatory, illegal, infringing, hateful, obscene or offensive in your Artwork;
- If you include any children in your Artwork or Video or if you are under 18 and sending in your own Artwork or Video, you must have parental/legal guardian permission to do this, and a production team member will call you and ask both parents/legal guardians to sign a contract saying they agree that the child/your Artwork or Video can be included. If the child is from a lone parent family (i.e. there is no second parent or legal guardian) this will not cause a problem, but we will ask you to write an email to confirm this.
- You acknowledge and agree that neither we nor any of our assignees or licensees shall have any liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of the use of your Video or Artwork in accordance with these terms to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- You agree that our rights under these terms may be freely licensed and/or assigned by us.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English and Welsh law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Our full details are as follows: Swan Films Ltd. Registered office is 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JD